The fabulous Casino Sochi in Russia has just signed a four-year deal to make partypoker LIVE the primary partner for live poker tournaments held at the resort. The deal includes the WSOP Circuit Russia, Eurasia Poker Tour, Russian Poker Championships, and two jaw-dropping MILLIONS events. With that in mind, here are ten things you probably didn’t know about partypoker LIVE’s new partners:
1) Casino Sochi is located right at the heart of the magnificent Gorky Gorod Ski Resort. The Gorky Gorod resort offers skiers an incredible 1,240 metres of vertical descent, with Gorky Gorod also boasting 20 kilometres of pistes and eight ski lifts, so anyone visiting Casino Sochi has an amazing ski resort right on their doorstep. There’s surely no better way to get over any bad beat blues than hurtling down the side of a mountain!
2) Ever heard of a ‘Junket Tour’? Nope, me neither, but Casino Sochi offers them and they sound great! You get to visit the Casino for a holiday, but with special conditions such as the casino compensating all or part of the costs for air travel, transfers, accommodation and food. Casino Sochi promise that the Junket Tour will be “a gaming experience full of suspense and in magnificent surroundings, as well as top-class accommodation, a smooth flight, a comfortable transfer to and from the hotel, the highest level of service and an unforgettable time at Casino Sochi.” Where do we sign up?!
3) Casino Sochi has hosted the biggest poker tournament ever held in Russia – the partypoker LIVE MILLIONS Russia in August 2017. The event pulled in big name players from all over the world, including partypoker LIVE Ambassador Sam Trickett, European stars Vladimir Troyanovskiy, Vitaly Lunkin, Andrey Pateychuk, Dmitry Vitkind, and partypoker sponsored pros Anatoly Fliatov and Dzmitry Urbanovich. Eventually, it was Aleksandr Gofman who took down the Main Event for a stunning $1,000,000.
4) Casino Sochi may be the premier location for poker in Eastern Europe, but poker isn’t the only game that the brilliant resort is making waves in. The first ever Backgammon World Series will be held at Casino Sochi this April, with the biggest prize in Backgammon up for grabs with $60,000 added. Shuffle up and...roll?
5) Visitors to Sochi Casino & Resort are welcomed by ‘Supernova’, a pretty breathtaking interactive glass sculpture by designer Petra Krausova. According to the designer, the piece “introduces the future to the present, magically transforming itself in both time and space, while responding to the viewer’s movement by changing its form. The installation is composed of clear glass elements with a linear texture that creates fascinating light patterns while moving through various angles.” We don’t know about all that, but it’s certainly nice to look at.
6) The famous World Series of Poker Circuit is coming to Casino Sochi this May! The WSOP Circuit will make its debut in Russia on May 13th, with a festival guarantee of $5,000,000. The Main Event will be a $1,000 buy-in and bring with it a $2,000,000 guaranteed prizepool running from 25th- 29th May. The full schedule is yet to be confirmed, but will include at least one High Roller event, at least one PLO event, and WSOP’s signature Colossus event.
7) Casino Sochi isn’t just about putting on world-class poker tournaments. Far from it! The resort is widely celebrated for its fabulous food, and for good reason, with the signature restaurants at the resort offering a unique culinary experience. Highlights include the luxurious Brunello, the welcoming Baffet and the majestic Royal Bar. The delightfully creative cuisine is dreamt up by Ilya Zakharov, one of the most famous, young and talented brand chefs in Russia. Tasty!
8) Some of the numbers that Casino Sochi can boast are staggering. The Casino holds an amazing 569 state-of-the-art slot terminals, a grand total of 70 gaming tables – including 22 Roulette tables and 38 card tables with Black Jack, Russian Poker, Baccarat and many more offered – as well as the separate Sochi Poker Club that has 10 Texas Hold’em gaming tables complete with shuffle machines.
9) Casino Sochi is home to the Sochi Poker Club, which is run by Poker Club Management, a renowned organisation that has successfully put on poker tournament festivals, series and championships all over the world. So you can be sure that any time you sit down at the felt at Casino Sochi, the game is being run by people who actually know what they’re doing. Always nice!
10) Casino Sochi is set to play host to some incredible poker tournaments in the years to come, with dates already marked on Casino Sochi's impressive calendar including the $10 million guaranteed partypoker MILLIONS Russia in August, the $5 million guaranteed Eurasia Poker Tour (EAPT) and Russian Poker Championships in October, as well as the $5 million guaranteed partypoker MILLIONS Snowfest next January. Not too shabby.
Would you like to write for partypokerLIVE? Every article we publish will be rewarded with a ticket worth $109 on partypoker. Read all about how you can become a writer for partypokerLIVE here!
18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org. Play responsibly.
- Dim Bairakaev
- Sergey Ermakov
- Giorgii Skhulukhiya
- Валерьян Семак
- Yury Shvab
- Artur Lazarev
- Artem Blovatniy
- Evgeny Dorofeyev
- Александр Цой
- Yuriy Horbov
- Сергей Илатовский
- Anton Skripnik
- Khalit Gassanov
- Алексей Зелезинский
- Pavel Partolin
- Alexey Sipetov
- Руслан Бисенгалиев